Sunday, December 17, 2006

As you can see, I haven't really posted anything about Brothers in a while. And I've got a reason. Actually, I have several reasons. Basically, there's a lot of personal shit going on in my life right now, and Brothers is not at the top of my list of things to do. Not that it's at the bottom, but it's not breaking into the top 10. Now, I hope to have another posting about it before the New Year comes, but I do want to write that I will do my best to be back to it full force come 2007. I'm thinking that I should do one big book a year.

I also want to let you guys in on something else: It took me years to get into the groove of Ulysses. Seriously. I did a lot of stopping and starting on that book before I settled in and just read it. I hope it's different with Brothers. In fact, I'm going to be better with it than I was with Ulysses. But bear with me.

3 comments:

TheWriteGirl said...

Some books, it seems, fight us when we try and get into them. I used to think it was a virtue to keep persisting even in the face of resistance. It was a great epiphany when I realized that it's okay to put a book down before you've finished it. Once we're out of school, reading is all choice. You can always come back to it when it's a better time. If it means having to reread some, that's okay. If you don't feel like it, don't!

wa11z said...

I suggest something fun. Maybe not so taxing on the gray matter.

TheWriteGirl said...

...like, for instance...Calvin and Hobbes