Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Jesus Christ! It's been more than a month since I've done this. And it's not like I haven't seen or read anything in that time. I've been reading, but I havent' finished anything, so that's part of it. And when it comes to the movies I've seen...

Go see The Bourne Identity. In fact, watch the first two films before you go, then head out and watch TBI. It's neat the way Paul Greengrass bookends the series with the closing image. It's the entire movie in two shots. And Superbad fucking rocked. It did the same thing with its opening and closing images. It's good writing, and good filmmaking. At least, I think it is.

As for the books I've been reading, I started Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian, but I can't finish it. It's a mess. A lovely mess, sure, but a mess nevertheless. The man should have done poetry. There's no story to the book. But it's a pretty read.

I'm going back to school in two weeks. The New York Film Academy accepted me for their 12-week digital movie making course. And why shouldn't they? I'm beautiful. So if you think I've been slacking off lately, it's gonna get worse.

4 comments:

wa11z said...

Cool! You'll have to let us know what goes on up there with all of the film nerds.

fermicat said...

I would have been worried about you, but I've seen your posts on SSD.

TheWriteGirl said...

I was surprised by the whole Bourne trilogy. The first one I saw shortly after seeing some pretentious something-or-other and I was so impressed by the narrative economy and lack of pretension. It made no attempt to be anything more than a lean, mean, well-told espionage action film. And the sequels were equally well-told and well-made.

Good luck in film school. If you ever want to talk about writing and story and narrative, give a holler. I've got some insights gleaned from my time in the trenches that I'd love to share.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.